10.02.2011

Here Goes Nothing...

Time for confession...I have had this blog since Tyson and I got married which was yes...over a year ago, yet this is my first post.  My excuse was always that I was too busy with school to keep a blog, but now that my school days are over I figure I ought to start.  My posts may be few and far between as I still feel I lack exciting things to write about, but if nothing else it will contain a record of our trips, fun outings, and our latest projects and crafts.

We'll start with our most recent trip...Jackson Hole last weekend.  Thanks to our wonderful friends Clint, Mindy, and their sweet baby girl Elsie, we enjoyed a fabulous trip in the gorgeous Teton Village.  

We saw a moose as soon as we drove into the park..sooo cool!

Riding the boat across Jenny's Lake to our hike



Hidden Falls

Clint, Mindy, and happiest baby-Elsie

At Bar J Wranglers Chuckwagon

What a creep



We love Jackson Hole!

Well as you can see it was a fabulous trip!  The weather was perfect and it was so nice to get away!

Onto my latest hobby...crafting, of all sorts.  I have fallen in love with Pinterest, which I would recommend to anyone, and DIY blogs.  I am amazed by the ideas that people come up with!  It makes it easy for non-creative people, like myself, to find fulfillment in creating something decent!  I love it!  Here are some of my most recent creations.

My biggest project thus far has been this rug.  My sister-in-law "talked me into" buying her fabulous and MOST comfortable couch, so naturally I needed to redecorate my house.  It begins with a new rug for my living room.

It began with this...a $40 flat woven rug from IKEA

Loving the Chevron stripe trend, I taped off the pattern with masking tape, made a trip to Home Depot (where I always feel clueless) for paint, and then enlisted the help of my wonderful husband.  (I would recommend using a small paint roller...the project went much faster when we decided to use one)

 After a few days of painting and drying...

 we pulled off the tape, painted the white of the rug cream, and...ta-da!!

A new rug and a fabulous new couch :)

Oh how I love fall...  I strongly dislike the season that follows, but for now I will enjoy and look forward to pretty leaves, crisp mornings, that fabulous autumn smell, Halloween festivities, and perhaps most of all...fall and halloween decorations.  Here is a VERY simple project that turned out as a perfect decoration for my table...

My inspiration...(from Pinterest, of course)


 And my final project...so easy!

In April, I discovered these embroidery patterns from The Village Quilt Shop at Gardener Village and have been hooked ever since.  Each month I look forward to completing this project for the next month...it is just something fun and easy for me to work on at night when we are watching...sports, ha.  I particularly love the pattern for October, naturally.




5 comments:

  1. Tara, you are so darling! I'm jealous of your cute things you've made!! Congrats on graduating!! You are just simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome to the blogosphere miss Terrance!!! I just got a Pinterest too so follow me :) I'm already Pinterest creeping you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cutie. Zupas date soon please!!

    Love,
    Sam (Outsen) Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crafts turned out so cute! I love the month of october cross-stitch. And I am glad you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and CUTE! :) I love all your crafts. It just reminded me how much I love embroidery, especially because you can do it while you are watching TV... I need to pick that up again! Glad to see you're doing well, and I'm so glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete